1. If you are a man, your rape doesn’t count.
2. If someone inserted something other than a penis in you (fist, tongue, broken bottle…), your rape doesn’t count.
3. If you were raped anally, your rape doesn’t count.
4. If you were raped orally, your rape doesn’t count.
5. If your rapist was a woman, your rape doesn’t count.
6. If you were drugged (which is a common tactic of rapists, especially serial rapists), the FBI thinks your rape was a-okay!
7. If you were unconscious, your rape doesn’t count.
8. If you are mentally handicapped, your rape doesn’t count.
9. If you are in a wheelchair, your rape doesn’t count.
P.S. If any of this bothers you, you can take action here. If this doesn’t bother you? Then here’s a friendly fucking reminder that: undetected repeat offenders commit 91% of all rapes1, thousands of rape kits containing DNA evidence are not being tested2, and 15 out of 16 rapists will never spend a day in jail3
2 – For example, a 2009 investigation by CBS News of just 24 cities and states found that over 20,000 rape kits were never sent to the crime lab, and 6,000 kits from active investigations were waiting months or years for the labs to complete testing. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/10/cbsnews_investigates/main5605770.shtml
3 – Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN)